Val de Bagnes
+41 (0)27 778 18 10
Built in 1930, it was swept away by an avalanche on 20 February 1937. The hut was rebuilt at another location, more precisely at the alpe de Sery, above Champsec-Lourtier. Inaugurated on 25 October 1942, it is located at an altitude of 2103m.
It was named Cabane Marcel Brunet, in memory of the former president of the Fédération Montagnarde Genevoise (FMG), who died in an avalanche on his way down from the Mont Fort hut at Combe Médran in February 1928.
The Brunet hut has belonged to the commune of Bagnes since 1982. It has 56 dormitory places.